Outcomes of our April 4 Meeting:
· Our regional summit (now planned for this coming October) is the best opportunity to introduce ourselves to our regional UU community, get feedback, build enthusiasm and enlist members.
· We will do this by:
o Having a clear idea of who we are (and we do; we have a great Charter and soundbite).
o Introducing ourselves through our quality communications about the summit in advance of it, during it, and following it.
o By putting on a summit where participants experience the power and opportunity of networking together. We need ideas of how to do this; open forum is one.
o By showcasing wonderful products and services (that NW UU Activists Network is developing) that clearly will support UU activists as they go forward to pursue their justice work in their home congregations and communities.
· Key NW activists “products” that we’d like to introduce via the summit (and perhaps during its preparation) include:
o Congregational Census of Justice Programs (including preliminary results from each of our own
o Examples of Issue Clusters that are accomplishing a lot and are advocating their own and other’s use of cluster networks (Immigration? Economic Justice? Peace? Youth?)
o A prototype NW UU Activists Website; see last month’s minutes for info on this.
o Survey of Justice Interests for Individuals in congregations.
· With so much to do, and only a few months to get it ready for the summit, we need to prune these ideas to the essentials, get organized, and get to work.
· We should defer personally visiting congregations until after the summit, EXCEPT where it is useful to our ensuring a strong and successful summit.
· A date needs to be selected this month.
o ACTION – all of us to look at calendars in our congregations. And recommend that our congregation co-sponsor the summit (to give it placement in the newsletter, attendance boost, added help in organizing, and freedom from schedule conflicts)
o ACTION – D2 to set up a doodle survey to assess dates for the October SUMMIT.
· A “Save the date” announcement should go out no later than mid May – earlier would be better, but we also need to be confident of our concept and plan for execution of the summit.
o ACTION – John to draft text for Save the Date; Barbara to ask Cindy if she could help with Design.
Proposed time and location – PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR AVAILABILITY!
Monday, May 2nd 6:45 to 8:45 pm
(desired room availability is 6:30 to 9:00 pm)
In the Library (ground floor of 2 story Education Building)
East Shore Unitarian Church
12700 SE 32nd Street, Bellevue, WA
D. D. Hilke
17250 NE 156th Ct.
Woodinville, WA 98072
(Previously titled 2011-04-04 NW Activists Network - Minutes)